Learn how to play craps and become a pro!
Craps is a straightforward game involving dice and luck that’s still popular to this day. Players put down bets on the outcome of the dice or a series of rolls and wait if their predictions are correct.
Craps started when soldiers of ancient Rome used knuckle-bones of pigs as dice. Later on, a leader during the Crusades, Sir William Tyre, contributed to the game’s creation by naming it, Hazard. This is because he and his knights were passing time by playing dice while waiting to seize castle Hazarth.
Fast forward to today, the entertaining and thrilling factor of craps has earned its spot in the famous table games of casinos. If you want to learn more about its rules and gameplay, continue reading this article.
Learning how to play craps online
The first thing you need to know about table games is their rules. Like other casino games, craps also has its own set of rules. Know what they are below!
Craps game rules
A game of craps involves a pair of dice, the playing table and betting chips. To win, you will need to correctly predict the value of the pair of dice before the shooter rolls them. This is what you call the come-out roll, which is the first roll of dice or the first one after the previous betting round.
When the pair of dice rolls, you have three possible outcomes called natural, craps and point.
- Natural – Getting a roll of 7 or 11 will make you win the game and have another roll of dice
- Craps – This has a value of 2, 3 or 12. You will lose this round but have a chance to roll again.
- Point – This has a value of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10. If your roll results in one of these, you will need to roll again and hope to land the same number. Each die value does not have to be the same as the previous roll, but the total value should be the same sum. If your roll gives you a 7, you will lose and the round ends.
Aside from the gameplay, you also need to know how betting works in craps. There are different types of bets in craps, so it is best to understand how they all work to maximise your winnings. To lessen the burden, read the guide below:
Pass or Don’t Pass bets
These two bets are all about whether or not to favour the shooter’s luck. The pass bet refers to the shooter landing a Natural or winning the point before getting a seven. Meanwhile, the don’t pass bet is the opposite since you are betting on the loss of the shooter. They will lose when they get a 2 or 3, or if they fail to match the point before landing 7.
If the dice reveal a value of 12, your bet will become a push and your bets will be returned, which means no one wins or loses the round.
Come and Don’t Come bets
When the dice roll results in a point, you can place the Come and Don’t Come bets when the point is determined. If the result is a natural, your Come bet wins, butwhen the dice reveal craps, then the Come bet loses.
On the other hand, the Don’t Come bet works the same way as the Don’t Pass bet. Your wager wins when the shooter lands a 2 or 3 but loses when it gets a 7 or 11. Additionally, landing a 12 will result in a push.
Step by step instructions for a round of craps
To give you an idea of what a game of craps looks like, here is a step by step guide for your reference:
- Craps begin with the pass and don’t pass line bets. This is the part where you bet on the outcome of the shooter’s dice. The dealer will collect all the pass bets and place them on the craps table.
- When the shooter ends up with a point, the players can bet on whether or not the dice will land on the same sum or lose with a 7.
- The shooter will start the game with the come-out roll, and they will roll again until the result is a 7 or the same point.
- If the dice show a 7 or 11 (natural), those who placed a pass bet will win. On the other hand, landing a 2, 3 or 12 (craps) will favour the people who took the don’t pass bet. Additionally, landing other values will result in a point, which will continue the game.
- The game ends when the shooter gets a 7 before they land the same sum of the point.
Play craps at Bitcasino and enjoy these games
Sign up at Bitcasino and have fun playing various online crap games! The most famous ones right now are Craps and First Person Craps by Evolution.
Craps by Evolution
Craps is a live dealer game that offers you a stunning RTP of 99.17%. It has an easy to navigate interface, which will guide you through betting and playing. Aside from that, it has the following features:
- My numbers
- Easy mode
- Dynamic statistics
- Live chat.
First Person Craps by Evolution
Do you like the idea of playing games from a first-person perspective? If so, then you should try First Person Craps! This game offers an RTP of 99.17% and a large view of the entire craps table. The best thing about this game is that you play on your terms without any time pressure.
Aside from these games, Bitcasino offers other table games such as roulette, blackjack, baccarat and more! As if that is not enough, you have a plethora of slot games you can choose from if you want to play something different.